Monday, June 06, 2005

Making chalkboard drawings in the rain.

“Hope.”

That is the one thing that you should have in order to accomplish anything.

It’s days like these that I have no hope, no hopes that I can change the people who need changing in order to accomplish what must be done. Don’t get me wrong I don't believe that if anyone could do it only I could do it, but I no longer believe it is possible for me to accomplish it. And I do believe that I was one of the better candidates for the job. But now I no longer believe that what I does matters in the scheme of things. I no longer believe that I can make a difference. I have tried and tried and tried again only to watch at the last second the thing that I worked so hard at be dashed to pieces on the corporate rocks.

“Hope.”
I hope I can make this a better place for the people I leave behind. I hope to leave this place on my terms and not theirs. I hope I enjoy my next job.

I hope…


to find it again.

2 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

sometimes it's like talking in circles.
sometimes it can be like talking to a brick wall, but even worse than a brick wall because this one is fake.

8:19 AM, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Tom said...

I blame where you are sitting.

I told my bro and his wife about the term "E-hammer" today. She laughed (a lot) and felt the pain, as the bike shop she works in is under assault from said hammer (but not too bad yet, and on the plus side, their E is actually fairly informed on the subjects he gives decrees on...he does more than read the apple website).

We all should have ran that day he gave the entrepreneurial company speach. That was the day my belief in the company died. After that I was just trying to do good work and take what I could for me and the people that I worked with, but my faith in the "vision" died. That was the day he said "no matter how smart you are or what you have to offer, fuck you, we're going to do it my way."

12:19 AM, June 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home