Saturday, January 21, 2006

Saturday night Roller Skating!


3_2_skate
Originally uploaded by doornumbertwo.
Saturday nights for...

Skating!

It was old school skate night at the Haygood Roller rink. Nobody under 25, allowed. For Ten dollars we could skate from 9pm to 1 am!

I made it an hour, after that my ankles were tired and hurting a little?!? Does it mean I am getting old when my ankles start to go? Or could it be all the skate boarding and soccer I have done in my past?


But there were some people there who so obviously were regulars to the rink since they were much smaller and younger. They were dancing around, spinning, twirling, rolling backwards, and one guy was even doing a little breakdancing. It looked as if they weren't even wearing skates, it was so fluid. I could have stayed and just watched them roll around for a while.



Well anyway it was a good time and I plan on going again. It is the 3rd saturday of every month. And you can get the inline skates or Quads and if your really crazy you can get the speed skating quads.

So let me know if you want to go?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave(id) said...

I'm in!!!!! Used to love to hit the Haygood rink, it's where I learned to skate. Drop a line next time you go.

Just walked in the door from ice skating with the little one, those skates will work your feet/ankles and your behind after plopping on it a few times.

8:53 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger jenifer lake said...

ooo - sounds like a birthday venture to me...

10:32 PM, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home