Saturday, December 10, 2005

Drinking and fishing

I know there are people out there who drink beer while they fish. AlthoughI am not one of them, I am not sure why, as I do like both drinking and fishing. But instead I split the two activites and try to enjoy each of them individually appreciating the differences they hold.

For instance:
Last night I went out to a pizza joint (cogans) and had a couple of beers and a mediterranean (sic) salad. Then this morning I got up at 5 am to go fishing. At 9 am when nothing was biting, I went back home and back to bed to make up for the sleeping time I lost to the night before.

Now I am beginngin to wonder if maybe I have it all wrong; perhaps the two should have been mixed, as all the old timers I talk to say "You have the best luck at night, this time of year." and "The striper only feed at night, you ain't going to catch shit during the day."

Trouble is this is also the time I like to do my drinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home