Tuesday, November 29, 2005

BANNED MUSIC

So surfing the web I came across this page. It is a web page that has music made by DJ's that has since been 'Banned' or been squashed by the legal system in some way. Usually because they were sampling music from other musicians and those musicians told them they coudn't do it.

?!?!

Here are some DJ's, sampling your music, what do they possibly think that is bad is going to come of this. Other than opening up a whole new audience to your music and making them aware that you exist. I just don't understand what is so wrong with sampling to create new music.

I mean, how many people listened to what Jimmy Hendrix did with his guitar and then went out and tried to create the same sound. Or Stevie Ray or Eddie Van Halen or Les Claypool all I am saying is there has been a lot of instances of 'sampling' in music.

Now I have never been in the position personally where someone has sampled my musical work, so I guess I can't say for sure. But I think I would be excited to hear what someone else's spin on my stuff would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home