Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Floggin Molly - review

Flogging Molly is a good band for getting ready for drinking and carrying on. This Irish punk / irish ballad band as I am going to call it, just made me want to open a beer in the morning and start drinking the day away. With songs that went from high energy to slow melodic ballad.

I listened to two CD's by them "within a mile of home" and "Alive behind the Green Door" neither of which was a stunner but both of which had enough to make me not totally regret the purchase.

Within a mile was more prone to the irish ballads, than punk rock, but "alive behind the green Door" was more punk than Ballad. So if you were going to get a Flogging Molly and only one Flogging Molly I wouldn't get either I would get the new album.

And now for my new rating system: Would I buy it again?

I don't think I would buy either of these albums again as neither of them were stellar, but they both were really good music for drinking beer and doing the dishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home