Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Relaxing days on the lake

So Since the layoff I have gone fishing pretty almost everyday. Sunday I went out with my father in-law. Monday I went out with Chad, and Tuesday I went out by myself. Sunday and monday I went out with the intention of catching fish. Yesterday I went out with the intention of catching my pole, that I lost the day before.

You see monday was a great day for fishing, caught some fish, nobody got skunked, and had a great day with my friend Chad. Well at the end of the day when the sun was just starting to go down and it was time to get off the lake. While we were headed back to the dock, I was casually casting out. If I caught something than it would just be the icing on the cake. If I didn't well no big deal we had already caught some nice fish and it gave me something to do on the way back to the dock.

Then tradgedy strikes! During the cast I had accidently let my lure down inside the boat, and on the cast out towards the water it snagged on my other pole and flicked it into the water. For a moment I considered jumping in after it. But before I made the leap I remembered I was wearing my phone (costs more than the rod), and instead watched for that brief second while it sank to the bottom.

Sadness.

Tuesday I went back to try and retrieve it from it's watery grave. With no luck, I poked and prodded around for a few hours and never found that rod. I know what cove it is in but have no idea where it landed or how it went down to the bottom. I might go back there a few more times this year. But I have little hope of finding that rod again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home