Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunday at the LaundryMat



Originally uploaded by doornumbertwo.

Just about every sunday Kelly and I go to the Laundry mat to, well do our laundry of course. This sunday we saw Neesee and Mrs. Beamon there. Two people that I haven't seen in about 7 or 8 years.

This here is a picture of Neesee, whom I first met way back in my dumbwaiter days. When I was bartending at night while I freelanced and went to school during the day.

Neesee worked as a Dishwasher for Syd, for as long as I could remember. Now one of the interesting facts about Neesee is at first glance she appears to be a large black woman. But upon closer inspection one would notice a 5 o'clock shadow and begin to put 2 and 2 together and realize Neesee is a guy, who dresses as a girl.

Today she had a 5 o'clock shadow at 10 in the morning, of course so did I, so who am I to talk.

Another interesting fact about Neesee, is every since I have known her, she has had a side business that she made no attempts to hide, working the corner.

But the most interesting of facts about her is that she is truly a nice person, just so long as you don't get on her bad side. She has always been incredibly friendly and good natured for as long as I have known her.

Well it was nice to see her and Beamon again, I haven't seen them in years. They aren't normally at the Laundromat on sundays. Apparently they normally go Fridays during the day.

Oh, and in case your wondering Mrs. Beamon is a guy who dresses as a guy, but used to dress as a girl. So I still call him Mrs. Beamon and sometimes Beamon, and every now and again I just call him John. But I have always called Neesee, Neesee and really that's the only name I know.

1 Comments:

Blogger rantomon said...

Found your blog whilst surfing randomly, this article made me smile... thank you for that. Just thought i'd let you know.

7:47 PM, September 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home