Sunday, December 18, 2005

I never know what to say or do...


Keith_n_leah.jpg
Originally uploaded by doornumbertwo.
My Mom just called to tell me that Keith, who was the twin brother, of my little brothers wife Kelly, was killed last night in a car crash. "T-boned" she said, "He died instantly..."

I can't even imagine what that must feel like; to hear that your brother was killed, much less to hear your twin sibling was killed. Especially in such a way and when he was so young.

Funny thing for me to say he was so young, am I that old...

At times like this I am always at such a loss for what to do, what to say.

You think of calling, to let them know you care, but what will I say. And I am sure they don't want to recount the tale again. And won't they feel pressured to tell me what happened, after all I did call...

Right now I think I will give them some time and some space to deal with the whole thing.

But I want to do something, something to let them know I care about them, cared about keith, care about how they are feeling. Something that will last.

And here was a guy that was always helping other people. Taking care of his siblings, and even people that were in no way related to him. So what do you do for him.

We'll probably send flowers to the service, but they won't last much beyond that. And even if they do what do you do with them all.

I am not sure there is a heaven, but if there is, I hope he's in it. He's earned his place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home