Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Spending a couple of days in Chicago


Nightlife
Originally uploaded by doornumbertwo.
So I am in Chicago for a few days, taking care of some work related stuff. But I arrived a few hours early today and got the chance to go into the city.

So if you only had a few hours to spend in Chicago where would you go?

I went to the Chicago Art Institute museum, now I am sure that wouldn't have been the choice for everyone but for me it was the right one.

And then to GINO's pizza for some deep dish Chicago pizza.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

I have been in Chicago more than once with a couple hours to spend. Art Institute is #1, followed by Museum of Science and Industry. And get some pizza.

7:33 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger erika said...

Oooh the Art Institute Museum is great. I've been twice Did you see the A Sunday on Le Blah Blah Blah (this is where my degree pays off-- it's that huge pointalist painting, I believe)? Or the sculpture by that one guy? Brancusi? The guy who did Bird in Space?

9:30 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger jenifer lake said...

look for small contemporary galleries....new work, NEW work by living breathing artists!!

4:00 PM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger The Information Officer said...

Yeah, I saw some Brancusi sculptures, a lot of Renoir, monet, picasso, manet, and all your other standard works. Including Edward Hoppers Nighthawks painting, and a Picasso from his blue period, of a gutarist.

A lot of good work there. spent the whole day there till they closed the museum and kicked me out.

10:40 PM, March 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home