Wednesday, June 15, 2005

PPG Question answered

So for a while now there has been this car that has parked on the second level of the Mac Arthur Garage. Sporty little car, with a license plate that says PPG FRK. Now at first glance I was sure that this must be a Decipher person. So I asked around and nobody could tell me whose car it was, but more importantly nobody could tell me what a PPG FRK was. RPG sure, MMORPG oh anyone on the 3rd floor could tell you. But PPG, nobody.

Today, the question was answered.

At the same time that I am getting out of my jeep, PPG FRK tears into the garage screaches to a halt and out pops this little red haired girl. a GIRL ?!? Never during the entire time I have pondered who drove that car did I think that a girl drove that car. Not because of the car mind you, but because of the license plate. I was so sure it was a guys car, a gamer guys car and for some reason I couldn't wrap my head around that maybe it was a gamer girls car.

Well wrong on both counts, neither a guy nor a gamer. PPG FRK stands for "Power Puff Girls Freak" it was a cartoon that she loved and used to watch all the time.

"oh, Do you still love to watch it?"
"no, I just don't want to bother with going to DMV to get a new plate."
"you know you can change your plate online."
"really?"
"yeah."
"cool. I need to do that."

And then she headed over to Kirklands to start her day, and so another mystery of the parking garage was solved.


PPG_FRK

6 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

What the heck did you think this meant?

8:02 AM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger The Information Officer said...

absolutely no idea.

I knew there were RPG's
role playing Games
so I figured PPG was like playstation player gamer or some other game reference. This company has tainted me, I would never have thought it was a gamer reference were it not for the time I have spent here.

12:20 PM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger TheGirard said...

points per game

12:45 PM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

A PPG is a gun in some sci-fi, like Babylon 5. Personal Protection... Gun? I dunno.

Powerpuff Girls rocks BTW. I have a plush Buttercup on top of my TV.

2:32 PM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger Shocho said...

Ah I get it now. I also thought of Points Per Game, which I think is a basketball term. Anyway, I can see where you thought that, since gamers LOVE to abbreviate things like that.

My new favorite is MMORPG, which is Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, pronounced "more-pig."

In Battletech, PPG means "Particle Projection Gun," aka "I can shoot you anywhere on this fucking table, so duck and cover, asswipe."

PPG also means Pittsburgh Plate Glass. The Powerpuff Girls, originally called "The Whoopass Girls," do indeed rock totally.

6:57 AM, June 16, 2005  
Blogger Tom said...

I remembered (and mentioned?) Pittsburg Paint and Glass as they used to be the title sponser for Indy Car (nee CART).

9:13 AM, June 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home