Monday, June 20, 2005

Long posts in BlogLand

I think that I am probably not following the blogging rules. Chuck mentioned that there were rules for blogging, I don't remember where he said they were posted, and so I haven't read them yet, although I don't know that I would read them if I did know cause I am sure I breaking quite a few of them.
One of the things I have noticed is I write REALLY long diatribes about things in my blog where as other people write quick notes. I thought at first I might try and shorten my posts edit them down and then post them. But then I thought this is my blog and this is the way I write. So I didn't change, I do know that some people log on and just skim for the details and that's fine, maybe others read the whole post, I don't know, but really I think in the end it's about what you want to post and not what others want you to post.
I do however write my posts in "word" cause TOM said my last blog was chock full of muspellings ;) and grammatical errors, and that made it hard to read. So I think if I am going to write long posts I should at least make it easier to read. So I made that concession but otherwise I have changed little else. As you can see this was supposed to be a short note and here we are starting to get long again, so I will just end it with.

I write a lot, if I had more time I would edit down but the way I write is stream of consciousness and then I go back and edit. If I don't have the time they are longer if I have the time they are shorter but still much longer than everyone else.

Oh, well that's just the way it is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

I think one of the rules is "It's your blog, write how you want to write." ;)

1:05 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger Shocho said...

Here is the link to Tony's legendary rules: http://www.tonypierce.com/blog/2004/06/how-to-blog-by-tony-pierce-110-1.htm

These are HIS rules, YMMV. Mine certanily do.

I wouldn't mind your long posts if you would leave some paragraph breaks. I think there's a button in the settings to do that. I also think that Blogger checks your spellings if you want.

Misspellings are part of blogging, and I use colloquialisms and make up words from time to time. I got blog hits for "tsuonami" which I made up talking about cars. I do edit my posts a lot after I put them up for typos and style.

I love the stream of consciousness thing! Make your own voice. Nobody follows all of Tony's rules, not even Tony. There are some things to think about there, and that's why I think it's good stuff.

6:53 AM, June 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home