Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tricked out - Souped up - surround sound

Since the day that Midnight Club Dub edition came out I have been steadily playing it. Not every night but at least once a week I will get in some game time. Right now I am 47% done I have finished San Diego, and I am one race, 3 heats, away from finishing Atlanta and unlocking the last city, Deroit!
I have all sorts of cars and motorcycles in the garage now which I could race with, but mostly I stick to just a few. Early on my favorite was the 64 Chevy Imapala (tricked out in traditional East L.A. Style) then I moved on to a 69 Dodge Charger (customized to look like a matchbox car), recently I started driving a Lotus Elise (which drives like a souped up go-Kart, so I painted it like a Go- kart) and now I am on a motorcycle a Cuevito Chopper (painted matte black with flames running down it, of course.)
I have been riding the chopper a lot even against all the cars and trucks I have to race. Unless the race specifies a certain auto type which quite a few do, I am on the chopper. Cause you can weave in and out of the traffic and it has better pick up than most of the cars.
I am not sure why I love the racing games so much, I think it is a cross between the racing and the customizing of the cars. When I first discovered them I was playing “Need for Speed Underground”, and I played the hell out of that game trying to unlock new customizable options. But once “Midnight Club Dub Edition” came out, I put away the Need for Speed and never got it out again. Midnight Club just blows away Need for Speed. In Midnight Club you can go all over the city, your not just stuck in the route that the game has dictated. Instead you can make wrong turns, I do frequently, or find short cuts, which may include jumps over buildings or the freeway.
I just have to say Midnight Club rocks visually it is good and audio wise it is there as well. It really does immerse you into the experience, and even more so not that I have surround sound.
Last night while I was racing it really struck me how cool surround sound is while playing games on the play station. I had the surround sound turned up and could literally hear the cars engines roaring as the came up from behind me and attempted to pass. It would start in the speakers in the rear and then move to the front on what ever side they were trying to pass from. That was soooo cool! I love the surround sound.
So for some reason I thought I might share that, and maybe some of the cars I like to drive.



MC_ImpalaFrnt



MC_ChargerFrnt



MC_LotusElise



MC_Cuevito

1 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

The Impala and the Charger, very hot indeed. I have always wanted to play the Midnight Club games, but never had time between .hack and Gran Turismo. The customizing aspect is way cool.

6:40 AM, June 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home