Thursday, January 05, 2006

Monestary, Lion King, and birthday gifts


lionKing_2
Originally uploaded by doornumbertwo.

So last night we went out for Kelly's Birthday.

The evening began with dinner at the Monestary. Kelly had a glass of water and the Wiener Schnitzel which came with home fried potatoes and vegetable. I had a glass fo wine and the goose which came with saurkraut that was delicious and was unliek any I had before. For desert Kelly had the Hot apple strudel and I had a cappucino. Everything tasted great and we ate too much.

Then we were off to Chrysler hall for a performance of the Lion King we had pretty good seats, row H 49 & 50 they were kind of off to the left of the stage. But it was such a spectacle that you never felt like you were missing anything, as there was so much going on all the time that at any given point there was too much to look at anyway.

And the performance I think was amazing. Yeah, I know this is the traveling show and it isn't nearly as good as the show on Broadway, which only makes me want to see it on Broadway to see how it gets better than this.

And the costume designer well she out did anything in costume I had seen up to that point in a broadway play. I am sure something like Cats when it first came out, 22 years or so ago was considered really amazing. But today I would have to say Lion King has the best costumes I hvae seen so far in a Broadway show.

Oh I could go on and on about the show, but needless to say I liked it. I would see it again, and that is alot for me.

Well after the show we headed home, Kelly opened some presents I bought her and we went to bed.

And that was yesterday, I can't wait to see what tomorrow might bring. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home