Thursday, September 15, 2005

Art Guy Maths it up


Super_box.jpg
Originally uploaded by doornumbertwo.
Last night I went back to work on the dieline for this Box. Nothing really left to do but tweak all the measurements, from the last take on the dieline, we sent to Asia a while back. They did a wonderful job taking the dieline and making a hand sample, but the hand sample highlighted some areas for improvement.

None the less when the guy who owned the company wanted to know how much weight this box could hold, I told him I would gladly stand on top of it that is how much confidence I have in the box. He said do it and shoot a picture, I'll send it on to the client. Needless to say this is not the version sent to the client. The client go the one where I am not cheesing it up so much. But for you guys, well, here's to cheese.

Anyway last night I went back to the dieline to make the necessary changes and expect to see this thing fixed up and in production soon.

Wow! my first box in production. Yesterday Singlebuck got to see the completed version of something he worked on, exciting stuff.

Now I say my box, but really this dieline isn't anything that isn't being done elsewhere, even everywhere, in the market place. But there was an incredible amount of math involved in the dieline. And I am kind of proud of figuring out how to make all that work.

1 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

I was there-- he really is standing on the box (even though it doesn't look like it)

7:56 AM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home