Sunday, August 28, 2005

Jeep washed and waxed

Apparently this was meant to be a BIG JEEP WEEKEND. Today after getting up early and going to the Laundromat, I went over to Kelly's parents house (they have a hose, i.e. they have a house; we have an apt. no hose) to wash my car. 4 1/2 hours later I was done.

Your probably thinking "What the hell could take 4 1/2 hours ?!?"

Well first I washed the body, soap water and the lot. Then I scrubbed the top with a special vinyl cleaner and after it dried applied a protectant. Then I used a vinyl window cleaner on the soft top windows. And a glass cleaner to the mirrors and windshield. Then waxed the body. And finally scrubbed the tires and applied a Wet Tire spray to them.

= 4.5 hours Next up the inside. But that might have to wait till sept.


Now after the day is done the car looks great. But what does this say about my priorities when I spent the whole weekend on my car and didn't get any of the projects done that I meant to do in the house.

And I am not sure this picture conveys it, but wooo eeee it sure looks purty.


Jeep_3qtr
Originally uploaded by doornumbertwo.
So here's the 1995 jeep washed and waxed and still looking good 10 years later in 2005.


Hood_shot

2 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

I've seen the results, and it's awesome. Fine detailing job. The new security box looks like original equipment. Still rides like a Jeep, though. :)

7:10 AM, August 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks Great. Happiness is a pretty toy.

Dad

5:17 PM, September 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home