Tuesday, September 06, 2005

SlowBrew_through.jpg


SlowBrew_through.jpg
Originally uploaded by doornumbertwo.
Tonight I made Cold Brew Coffee. With Cold brew you never introduce heat to the coffee until your ready to drink it.


You simply take a lb. of Coffee coarse ground preferrably and put it into the plastic container on top, inside of which is a filter and in the bottom of which is a rubber cork. Then you pour 9 cups of cold water over the top of the grounds and let it sit for 12 hours. After which you pull the rubber stopper out and let it drain into the carafe below. Pop that carafe in the fridge and you have coffee made that is good for two weeks.


Anytime in the next two weeks when you want a cup of coffee you simply mix one part coffee "liquer" with two parts water and you pop it into the microwave briefly and tadah you have a rich cup of coffee.

Or so the theory goes. I'll let you know how it all goes after I have a cup tomorrow morning, or later tonight if I decide to stay up for a while.





3 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

My parents have one of these things. If you want it to last for longer, you can freeze it in ice cube trays and then just use the cubes.

The key is NOT TO STIR the pot while it's brewing. It's difficult.

8:43 AM, September 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it dee-lish-ee-o-so???

*j

4:36 PM, September 07, 2005  
Blogger The Information Officer said...

I stirred the pot.

Couldn't help it
the grounds were too fine and clogged the filter.

Next time I need to get coarser grounds.

The first cup tasted like coffee, it wasn't amazing. Maybe it was cause I stirred it. Maybe it was the grounds. I intend to test it and find out.

8:50 PM, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home